August 2012: The current version of the PC and Mac application does not have the ability to return books early. You are still able to return books early using the My Books section on the 3M website. Login with your library card and PIN number, and you will see the "Check In" button next to the items you have checked out
- Go to ebook.3m.com.
- For Windows: Click the PC App link along the left side of the screen.
- For Mac: Clic the Mac App link along the left side of the screen.
- Click the “Download Cloud Library” link on the left side of the screen.
- Once the file is done downloading, open the file and go through the installation process.
- Once the 3M Cloud Library has finished installing open the application, the first time you open the 3M Cloud Library you will be asked:
- To select your state.
- To select your library.
- To enter your card and pin numbers.
- Agree to the End User License Agreement.
- Once you have entered all of your information, touch the Login button to continue to the 3M Cloud Library.
Shelves: Browse new and popular books and booklists put together by library staff.
Categories: Browse books by category.
Search: Search books by keywords.
- Hold List-Shows list of books currently on hold list. Available in x day(s) is not very accurate.
- Wish List-not currently used.
- Reading History-Shows previously checked out books.
- Message Center-Shows hold notifications and messages from library.
Checking a book out: While browsing or searching for books there will be a button with the text Check Out next to books that are currently available. Click this to check an item out.
Placing a Hold: While browsing or searching for books there will be a button with the text Add To Hold List next to books that are not currently available. Click this to add yourself to the hold list.
IMPORTANT!!! 3M Cloud Library does not email hold notifications. You must check the app regularly to see any hold notifications.
Cancelling a Hold: In My Books click Show all in the Hold List section. From this screen you can remove yourself from the hold list.
Reading a Book: In My Books under Currently Reading touch or click on the cover of the book you would like to read.
Returning books: You cannot return a book early using the PC or Mac app. You are still able to return books early using the My Books section on the 3M website. Login with your library card and PIN number, and you will see the "Check In" button next to the items you have checked out.
Transferring a book to an e-reader (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KINDLE!):
- Plug your e-reader into your computer.
- Go to the My Books tab.
- Click the “Download to device” button along the bottom of the book cover to transfer a book to your e-reader.
If you do not have an Adobe ID, the 3M Cloud Library will assign one to you.
If you currently use WILBOR (our other downloadable e-book service) the 3M Cloud Library should automatically find your Adobe ID.